2001 Mercedes-Benz SL320 W129
One of a Kind Final Edition Facelift Roadster
2001 MERCEDES-BENZ R129 V6 SL320
Final Edition Facelift Roadster
DATE OF MANUFACTURE: 2001 | COLOUR: Black DB040 | INTERIOR TRIM: Anthracite Nappa Leather | PRICE: £24,750
WE ARE DELIGHTED TO OFFER THIS EXCEPTIONAL & COLLECTABLE UNDER FULL COSMETIC DETAIL / RESTORATION & FULL MECHANICAL PREPARATION WITH LOW NUMBER OF OWNERS & LOW MILEAGE FOR YEAR.
THIS MOTOR VEHICLE
Delivered new by Bradshaw & Webb Mercedes-Benz agents in Knightsbridge UK to its first owner in 2001 in its Desirable Final Edition Specification.
Under gone full cosmetic & mechanical Detail / Restoration at a cost of £20,000 by our in house Classic Car Restoration team:
- Full service includes transmission oil, filter, electrical plug & seal, full brake caliper rebuild, new disks & pads, handbrake shoes, differential oil & all filters required & following the Mercedes-Benz Service schedule plus more using our knowledge of Classic & Sports Cars.
- Full cosmetic detail to include in house via our Lux Detailing team paint correction finished off with the very best ceramic coating, Kamikaze Zipang & Miyabi Coats to provide for a depth of shine.
- Full interior detail to include dye color matched to original leather seats & interior trim which now looks like new.
- Underchassis clean with wheels, bumpers & lights off finished with Mercedes Benz cavity wax.
- Renewal of hard to find trim pieces within the boot & new rear lights due to fading makes for a like new appearance.
A well sorted, tried & tested vehicle in exceptional condition & with cosmetic restoration in the hands of our in house expert, Parry Chana who notes in exceptional condition & specification as it left the factory reminiscent of his similar model when new.
Remarkable list of options & standard specifications included:
• 3.2 litre V6 engine - final edition
• Factory Fitted Panoramic "Glass" Roof With Sun Blind
• Anthracite Nappa Leather interior
• Burr Wood Interior Trim
• Electronic Climate Control
• Final Edition 722.6 5 Speed Automatic transmission
• Heated Memory Seats
• Power steering
• Cruise Control
• Electric windows
• Central locking
• Factory Fitted Exclusive 5 Spoke 18" Alloy wheels
• Factory Option Includes Option 774 "Rolled Wheel Arches" to clear AMG Wheels
• Factory MB 6 Disc CD Changer & Cassette Player to Dash
• Headlight Cleaning System
• Electrically Operated Outside Folding Mirrors with Memory L&R
• Electrically Adjustable Steering Column with Final Edition Steering Wheel
• UK Delivery to UK Specification in Right Hand Drive
The launch of a unique model from Mercedes-Benz, the R129 SL series roadster was produced from 1989 through to 2001. The R129 the R107 in 1989 & was in turn replaced by the R230 SL in 2002.
Designed by Bruno Sacco in 1984, the R129 was based on the shortened floorpan of the Mercedes-Benz W124 & presented at the 1989 Geneva Motor Show which caused a sensation with keen owners being the Late Princess Lady Diana.
A two-door, two-seat roadster with an automatic (electro-hydraulic) collapsible textile roof & came with either an aluminium detachable hardtop or optionally with a Panoramic "Glass" Roof.
The 3.2 litre M112 18-valve SOHC V6 engine mated to the Mercedes-Benz 5G_Tronic (722.6) electronically shifted 5-speed overdrive automatic transmission with torque converter producing an output of 221 hp (165kw) at 5,600 rpm providing the car with top-notch sports car performance.
WARRANTY & FINANCE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
Please enquire as this is a uniquely prepared Classic Mercedes not to be confused with anything else in the market.
It is available for viewing in the UK on an appointment basis & would suit a collector with whom this vehicle will represent a good acquisition opportunity.
Stock Number: U88
Lux Classics make every effort to ensure that the information contained on the website ("the Information") is accurate and complete. However, errors and omissions may occur from time to time and we are not able to guarantee the accuracy of the Information. Therefore, we cannot be held liable for any reliance which you place on the information. Lux Classics does not give any warranties in respect of the website or the Information or the goods and services available via the website and makes no representations as the fitness for a particular purpose of any goods or services available via the website.